Sunday, July 19, 2015

Bastille Day!!

It happens every year on July 14th. Everyone grabs a blanket, basket full of food and wine. You meet friends and spend the day celebrating Independence Day. Bastille day was honors the beginning of the french revolution. Also represents when the french people came together as a nation.

I was so blessed to be apart of this amazing day. I wanted to experience Bastille as a true french person would. Courtney, Genesis and myself made a plans to meet in the morning and go find a spot of the lawns in front of the Eiffel Tower. We arrived about nine in the morning. We got an amaizng spot and had a wonderful view!
Our view at nine. Not very many people yet.

As the day went on the crowds started to show up, but I loved it. I wanted to study the way the french celebrated Bastille Day. 
Our view at one. Good amount of people.

About two this group set up a few blankets down from us and they very french! I loved to watch them putting out the food they had made. They laid out wine, beer, and water flavored with lemon and mint. Every time someone was added to the group they did the double kiss on the check and hugged. 
The closeup of the group. Also you know they are very french by the dog being there as well. 

Hours passed. More and more people showed up. It started to get dark. As the light faded the excitement of the crowd started to buzz. You could feel the tension for the fireworks to start. Then the Eiffel Tower light it for the first time.
 It was breathtaking! 

And then the fireworks started!! Something that I loved so much about the celebration was that the fireworks showed different cultures around the world! 
 The French Flag!

Here are the shots I took of the fireworks!










It was truly the most amazing moments in my life. I got overwhelmed with emotions well I watched the fireworks. I just can not believe how blessed I am to be here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment